Barcelona terror attack – 13 killed after van ploughed into crowd of pedestrians
Two men have been arrested after a white van ploughed into a crowd of people in a busy Barcelona tourist district, killing at least 13 and injuring 100 others.
Officials said some were very badly hurt, suggesting the death toll could continue to rise.
Police have said neither of those arrested were the driver of the van – indicating at least one person is still at large.
Isis has claimed responsibility for the attack via their Amaq News Agency. Isis frequently declares involvement in incidents across the world so their claims should be treated with caution, though Catalan Police have confirmed the incident is a terror attack.
- 13 dead after van ploughs into crowd of pedestrians
- Two men have been arrested
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack
- Attack took place in popular Las Ramblas tourist area
- Spanish PM declares three days of mourning